Chesapeake Consulting is in support to the FAA Program Management Organization (PMO) for the National Airspace System (NAS) Voice System (NVS), NAS Voice Recorder (NVR), Conference Control System-Warrenton (CCS-W), Digital Audio Legal Recorder (DALR), Interim Voice Switch Replacement (IVSR) and Voice Switching and Control System (VSCS) Programs. This support Includes assisting in the following:
1. Requirements analysis and development for NVS which includes:
- Extensive use of IBM Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) to establish traceability between the Mission Shortfall Analysis, various requirements documents and other documents generated by specialty engineering.
- Systems analysis, functional allocation of requirements and generating enterprise architecture views/documentation.
2. Provide Logistic planning and supportability analysis which includes:
- Development, review, and modifications of key program documents such as Acquisition Program Baseline (APB), Life Cycle Sustainment Plans (LCSP), Integrated Logistics Support Plans (ILSP), Logistics Requirement Funding Summaries (LRFS).
- Develop, review, and modify Statements of Work (SOW), Statements of Objective (SOO), and Performance Based Supportability Specifications (PBSS) for new and modified systems.
- Provide onsite analysis and development recommendations for possible changes to the site with regards to maintenance planning, phased support, manpower, and persoanl requirements, initial provisioning material regards to maintenance planning, phased support and support equipment.
- Analyze maintenance and logistic cost databases; provide an assessment of logistic support cost, schedules, availability, and level of incorporation needed to make changes to an existing system.
3. Provide Information System Security Support which includes:
- Assist the client in understanding the security risk associated with operating assigned systems. This is done by documenting the hardware, software and external interfaces involved in systems operations.
- Assess compliance with mandated controls addressing key areas of information system security; for example, access control, auditing, system integrity, etc.
- Recommend systems changes to minimize residual risk.
- Assist the Program Manager in all security related matters related to acquiring a new system.