Founder and CEO
Experience Prior to Founding Chesapeake Consulting
John served industry as a process chemical engineer, production engineer and project engineer while working with DuPont and Stauffer Chemicals. He transitioned to production management in the paint industry and served as Plant Manager, Director of Manufacturing and Vice President of Operations for paint companies ranging in size from small ($10 million in sales), mid-sized ($100 million in sales) and Sherwin-Williams where he ran the largest paint complex in the world. This hands on direct line responsibility has set the tone for Chesapeake Consulting hiring people with similar direct line experience. It gives our clients a consultant who can better empathize with their situation and bottom line focus.
Chesapeake Consulting gives away 10% of net profit before tax and bonus to charity. The company is an ongoing supporter of the Salvation Army, and many other causes. John serves on several boards at the University of Alabama and the Blackburn Institute.
- Undergraduate work at the US Naval Academy and the University of Alabama receiving a BS in Chemical Engineering.
- Post graduate business work at the University of South Alabama
- Certified as CPIM by the American Production and Inventory Control Association and a Jonah’s Jonah by the Goldratt Institute. .
- A variety of Quality, MRP and Leadership Development Courses.
Honors and Recognition
- Recognized by the Severna Park Chamber of Commerce as Business Person of the Year.
- Distinguished Fellow, the department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, the University of Alabama.
- Distinguished Fellow, the College of Engineering, University of Alabama
- Past National Chair of Capstone Engineering Society.
- Man of the Year, Severna Park United Methodist Church
- Alumni Volunteer of the Year Award, College of Engineering
Interest and Hobbies
John enjoys hiking, biking and tying to train dogs. He is a volunteer with Dogs Finding Dogs, a search and rescue organization that locates lost pets. He is an active member of The Church of the Highlands and is involved in prison ministry. He has been married to his wife Linda since 1972